Tuesday, February 17, 2009
My name is Dee, i recently transferred to SRU, from Clarion University. It was quite the adjustment. Slippery Rock University was hardly my first choice, but i must say it was my best choice. I was searching for a home so to say and slippery rock offered it. I am now in the physical education major, and I feel as though the staff know me on a personal level and its only my second semester. They are willing to show who they are to me as a student on a professional level but yet a human level as well. Although PE is the largest major at SRU it is definitely worth the challenge and competition down the road. I am now working on getting into the college of Ed, which is also a new idea but i only have a few more requirements to meet so I am well on my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know how you feel. I am a transfer myself so there is that adjustment period. I also feel the staff and faculty are very nice and helpful and like you said for me this was the best choice too based on my major.
ReplyDeleteI am also working on gathering on all my stuff to get into the college of ed! So much goes into trying to get everything together...clearances, praxis, and all other requirements. PE program is very tough at The Rock; however, I think it will be really rewarding once we get a job, because we will be more than prepared going through this program. Especially more than IUP and Edinboro!!
ReplyDeleteI am a post-baccalerette student here at SRU and couldn't be happier with my choice to come here. The PE program here is one of the best in the country and we will be more than prepared to go out there and get a job upon graduation. I got my first degree from the University of Pittsburgh and I love that now proffesors know who you are on a personal level and you can relate to them a lot easier. I can't wait to graduate but at the same time know I will look back on these days and miss them. Wish you the best of luck in all you do.
ReplyDelete